The Center for Primary and Specialty Care
The Center for Primary and Specialty Care at Saint Michael’s Medical
Center provides essential medical care to adults in the greater Newark
area. Prevention is an important part of managing your overall health
and wellness, and having a primary care doctor can help.
Whether you want to see one of our physicians because you are feeling sick,
or want to come in for a wellness visit, we can help. Adults without a
primary doctor are welcome at our The Center for Primary and Specialty
Care, where we can provide medical services such as:
- Annual Check-ups
- Preventative Screenings
- Medical Treatments for common illnesses
- Immunizations, including the flu shot
In addition to our primary care physicians, Saint Michael’s provides
a full spectrum of sub-specialties. When you require additional health
services, our team at The Center for Primary and Specialty Care can help
coordinate your care among the other departments within the hospital to
ensure you receive the highest level of care. Patients are seen in the
Primary and Specialty Care Center. For more information, please call (973)
877-5188. To schedule an appointment, call (973) 877-5080.
Our specialty services include:
- We offer asthma management services to all adults. We treat chronic sinus
infections, hay fever, asthma or food allergies or any other allergic
- We offer a full range cardiac services, including electrocardiograms, stress
tests, TEES, and echocardiograms. We also schedule for Cardiac Catheterizations
- Some conditions that may be treated are: diabetes, thyroid diseases, and
- Our gastroenterologists specialize in diseases that involve the gastrointestinal
tract. We evaluate and manage patients with GI problems such as GERD,
peptic ulcer disease, IBS, diverticulitis, and colonoscopy for cancer
- Our podiatrists specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions
of the foot and ankle, ranging from common concerns such as athlete’s
foot or bunions, to more complex issues such as bone and joint disorders
and foot care for diabetics.
- Saint Michael’ Medical Center Surgeon specializes in many surgical
procedures including: Hernias, Gallbladders and Port a Caths and much more.
- We offer 72 types of allergy testing. The 12-minute procedure is needle
and pain free.
- Our neurologists diagnose and treat conditions that involve the brain,
spine, nerves and muscles.
We can help set up appointments, obtain the proper referrals and paperwork,
and answer your questions as you continue your medical treatment. Your
health is important to us, which is why we plan to be there for you each
step of the way.
We accept most insurance plans at The Center for Primary and Specialty
Care. If you do not have insurance, we may be able to help you find an
affordable plan that is right for you.